GETTY STOCK IMAGE
Dr Julian De Silva, from the Centre for Advanced Facial Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery in Hammersmith, London, examined records from 1,000 patients across the UK to determine which face shapes are in high demand.
He said: “The diamond is the most desirable face shape for a woman. It is incredibly feminine and elegant.”
And it turns out, Hollywood star Megan Fox has the face shape that every lady is dying for.
The Transformers actress, 31, has inspired a wave of so-called “Facebook Facelifts” as more women go under the knife to look like her.
Megan Fox seduces in pulse racing Frederick’s of Hollywood photoshoot
“Megan Fox is one of the great screen beauties of her age”
Dr Julian De Silva
Dr Julian added: “Megan Fox is one of the great screen beauties of her age and she has a symmetrically perfect diamond-shaped face.”
And the second most popular face is the “oval”, as seen on singer Rihanna, 29, and the length of that face shape is typically one and a half times the width.
When it comes to men, the most popular male face shape is the “square” of David Beckham, 42, and model David Gandy, 37.
Female stars with this shape include actresses Angelina Jolie, 42, and Keira Knightley, 32.
Dr Julian also said the growth of social media has triggered a rise in the number of women seeking treatments in a desperate bid to look better in selfies.
And the number of men and women seeking face and neck lifts had risen by almost a sixth in recent years.
He said: “Facebook Facelifts are on the rise as social media creates new pressures on people to look good, particularly in their public profiles and the pictures they share with friends.
“Face and neck lifts are the original facial cosmetic surgical procedures and they probably have the most dramatic impact in combating anti-ageing and rejuvenating the appearance of the face.”
A third of female patients and almost a fifth of men said the pressure to look good on social media has been a factor in them seeking surgery, research shows.
Dr Julian identified the seven most popular face shapes:
1. Diamond – Megan Fox. Narrow forehead and jawline with cheekbones at the widest point of the face.
2. Oval face – Rihanna. Forehead may be slightly wider than the chin and the length of the face is about one and a half times the width.
3. Heart-shaped face or inverted triangle – Scarlett Johansson and Reece Witherspoon. Wider forehead and cheekbones with a narrow jawline and chin.
4. Square face – Angelina Jolie, Kiera Knightly and David Beckham. Prominent jaw and square chin, with forehead and jawline roughly the same width.
5. Oblong – Gisele Bundchen and Victoria Beckham. This tends to be a long face or rectangular shape.
6. Round face – Duchess of Cambridge or Kate Moss. Prominent, rounded cheeks with equal width and length of the face.
7. Pear (Trapezoid) – Kelly Osbourne or Minnie Driver. The jawline is wider than the forehead and the chin will be quite broad.